When properly maintained, your home’s furnace will last you and your family a long time. But even if you’ve had your furnace serviced regularly, a host of things can happen that can cause it to not to function as well as it could, or even break down completely. That’s when you can rely on A.D. Heating & Air Service, LLC of Kansas City. We don’t just service and install furnaces, we’re also experts in repairing them.
Sometimes it’s obvious when you need an experienced furnace repair contractor. Your thermostat malfunctions and your furnace simply won’t turn on. But what are some other signs that it’s time to call a trusted furnace repair service here in Kansas City?
Like many of your home’s essential systems, a malfunctioning furnace is definitely not the time for you to decide to “do it yourself”. It is simply not worth the risk or frustration. Below are just a few of the issues to look out for that tend to go wrong with furnaces.
- Dirty or clogged filters can cause your furnace to work harder than necessary to circulate due to reduced airflow.
- Improperly functioning ignition or pilot can cause a number of problems that make it tough for your furnace to properly heat your space.
- A furnace that cycles too frequently between on and off might be a sign of a thermostat malfunction.
- A noisy furnace can be a serious cause for concern as it can indication mechanical problems.
- If your furnace doesn’t heat your space sufficiently, it may be time to reevaluate the size of the unit compared to the space. A properly sized unit is an important consideration. A furnace that doesn’t heat at all might have problems with the thermostat, gas, or pilot light.
As you can see, there’s nothing simple about troubleshooting furnace problems. You need the expert service of a Master Mechanic like Alvin “Demond” Ammons at A.D. Heating & Air Service, LLC. When things go wrong, don’t try to fix them yourself, call us instead!